Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Some New Information From The League



I have heard from the Chairman of the ABA Mr. Joe Newman and we have had a couple back and forth e-mail discussions about the league and acquiring a franchise. The cost of reserving a market is $20,000.

We had a good discussion about a few markets and will continue to do so. Mr. Newman told me that the operating budget for a team should be around $400,000 and I imagine some teams have gone higher. He also recommends a venue with between 2500-5000 seats.

So armed with this information I can now set about forming a business plan and trying to attract investors. The ABA is generally a ticket sales and sponsorship driven league with merchandising also contributing to the revenue stream.

Again, I welcome your comments, thoughts and ideas as this process continues.

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home